It's no secret that the rapidly increasing threat of the COVID-19 virus is set to impact almost every industry in existence. Businesses are increasingly locking down and shutting doors to prevent spread of the disease.
Naturally, this is the time that most small business owners start panicking over the ability to continue operations in a meaningful capacity. However, thanks to all of the available technologies available today, working from home or any other location has never been more realistic. Here are a couple of tips and items to keep in mind while weathering this storm:
• Utilize a VPN or remote desktop for office access. Utilizing remote access options can greatly help keep the day-to-day general operations moving along with remote access to email, files and more.
• Use and abuse web meetings. Many businesses such as legal firms, accountants, healthcare providers and more should be meeting with clients over the web. Utilizing tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom or GoToMeeting to set up virtual face-to-face meetings can not only help keep everyone healthy now, but make for more efficient, convenient experiences in the future.
• Virtualize your environment. Growing and larger businesses should consider moving to a virtual, cloud-hosted environment which has features like remote access and work-from-home built in from the start.
• Plan a phone strategy or look into investing in VIOP. Office doors may be closed but that doesn't mean the phones won't still ring. Devise a strategy for who will be picking up these calls and how to get the caller to the right person.
• Finally, and most importantly, look after your employees. They are the single-most important part of your business and a tremendous resource. If your company already has the capability for employees to work from home, use it.
Of course, for any technical needs or guidance, we're always standing by ready to help. Please don't hesitate to reach out and contact us with any questions you may have.